About the Awards
In presenting the International Medis Awards for Medical Research, International Scientific Committee seeks out the best applied research achievements in selected areas of medicine. Through awarding selected works project enhances awareness and promotes the importance of research for the development of medical science in the region and contributes to the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Submissions for the International Medis Awards 2021 for Medical Research are now CLOSED. Follow our LinkedIn for more updates.
The annual International Medis Awards for Medical Research contest is open to medical doctors and pharmacists from nine countries of Central and Southeastern Europe:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- North Macedonia
Medical doctors and pharmacists who are actively involved in clinical practice can apply with their research work from nine different fields:
Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Intensive Care Medicine and Anesthesiology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Pulmonology and Allergology, Rheumatology
Authors may submit the following types of research work:
- Published original article
- Impact factor (IF) of scientific publication greater than 1.500
- Work published between 1 September 2020 and 31 August 2021.
- Daily active involvement in clinical practice.
- Potential contribution to diagnosis and treatment.
One winner will be selected from each field of research. Winners will receive:
- Bodočnost (The Future) - a bronze sculpture by Jakov Brdar
- A financial grant of € 2,500 gross
Finalists will be announced from each field of research. Finalists will receive:
- International Medis Awards certificate of recognition
- A financial grant of € 500 gross
The general sponsor of the project is Medis, d.o.o.