About the Awards
In presenting the International Medis Awards for Medical Research, International panel of professionals seeks out the best applied research achievements in selected areas of medicine. Through awarding selected works Medis enhances awareness and promotes the importance of research for the development of medical science in the region and contributes to the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
This year, the jury has had an extremely difficult task of selecting the finalists among as many as 222 nominees for 9 different medical areas. Meet all 19 IMA 2020 finalists.
The annual International Medis Awards for Medical Research contest is open to medical doctors and pharmacists from nine countries of Central and Eastern Europe:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- North Macedonia
Medical doctors and pharmacists who are actively involved in clinical practice can apply with their research work from nine different fields:
Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Intensive Care Medicine and Anesthesiology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Pulmonology and Allergology, Rheumatology
For 2020 contest authors were able to submit the following types of research work:
- Published article
(either clinical study, partial clinical study or basic scientific study).
- Impact factor (IF) of scientific publications greater than 1.500
- Work published between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020.
- Daily active involvement in clinical practice.
- Potential contribution to diagnosis and treatment.
One winner will be selected from each field of research. Winners will receive:
- Bodočnost (The Future) - a bronze sculpture by Jakov Brdar
- A financial grant of € 2,500 gross
Finalists will be announced from each field of research. Finalists will receive:
- International Medis Awards certificate of recognition
- A financial grant of € 500 gross