We announced the winners of Medis Awards 2016
1 December 2016
For the third year in a row Medis awarded the International Medis Awards for Medical Research, the international awards for outstanding achievements in applied medicine and pharmacy.
This year experts from eight countries sent a record number of 162 applications in nine therapeutic areas to the Medis Awards contest. An international panel of renowned specialists, chaired by president of the panel Prof. Matija Tomšič, MD, PhD, Head of the Department of Rheumatology at the University Medical Centre Ljubljana, independently reviewed all the applications and selected 19 finalists and then winners in nine specializations.
The award ceremony took place at the Cankarjev dom Congress and Cultural Centre in Ljubljana, where about 400 researchers, doctors, pharmacists, academics and other experts gathered and were welcomed by the Rector of the University of Ljubljana Prof. Ivan Svetlik, PhD. The winners received the awards from the Managing Director of Medis Tone Strnad.
Members of the international panel:
- Allergology: Prof. Branimir Nestorović, MD, PhD, Serbia
- Anaesthesiology: Prof. Ljubica Pejakov, MD, PhD, Montenegro
- Neurology: Igor Kuzmanovski, MD, PhD, Macedonia
- Ophthalmology: Prof. Barbara Cvenkel, MD, PhD, Slovenia
- Paediatrics: Prof. Reinhold Kerbl, MD, PhD, Austria
- Pharmacy: Prim. Mirsad Šabaredžović, Mr Ph, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Pulmonology: Prof. Miroslav Samaržija, MD, PhD, Croatia
- Rheumatology: Prof. Branimir Anić, MD, PhD, Croatia
- Urology: Prof. Zsolt Kopa, MD, PhD, Hungary
The winners of Medis Awards 2016:
- Allergology: Assist. Slađana Andrejević, MD, PhD, Serbia
- Anaesthesiology: Assist. Prof. Alen Protić, MD, PhD, Croatia
- Neurology: Assist. Srđan Ljubisavljević, MD, PhD, Serbia
- Ophthalmology: Eva Lenassi, MD, PhD, FEBO, Slovenia
- Paediatrics: Assist. Prof. Gergely Toldi, MD, PhD, Hungary
- Pharmacy: Assist. Prof. Tanja Dujić, MPh, PhD, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Pulmonology: Dražena Srdić, MD, Croatia
- Rheumatology: Alojzija Hočevar, MD, MSc, Slovenia
- Urology: Assist. Prof. Attila Szendrői, MD, PhD, Hungary
The winners were awarded a prize that consists of two parts: a sculpture made of bronze, which was designed only for Medis awards by the well renowned Slovenian-Croatian sculptor Jakov Brdar, and financial stimulation for further research.
International Medis Awards for Medical Research have become traditional, so we invite you to apply also next year.
Congratulations to all the winners!