The 2017 Medis Awards finalists are announced!
November 15, 2017
The international panel of specialists, chaired by Prof Matija Tomšič, MD, PhD, reviewed and assessed a record number of 166 applications from seven countries. After a very demanding and extensive work, they announced the finalists covering nine therapeutic areas.
The finalists of Medis Awards 2017 are:
- Tihamer Molnar, Hungary, University of Pecs
- Marija Stević, Serbia, University children's hospital, Belgrade, Serbia
- Goran Hauser, Croatia, Clinical Hospital Centre Rijeka
- Mattias Mandorfer, Austria, Medical University of Vienna
- Andraž Dovnik, Slovenia, Maribor University Medical Centre
- Marina Ivanišević, Croatia, University of Zagreb School of Medicine
- Vedran Kardum, Croatia, University Hospital Merkur
- Veronika Rutar Gorišek, Slovenia, Ljubljana University Medical Centre
- Zoran Vukojević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, University Clinical Centre of the Republic of Srpska
- Aleksej Medić, Croatia, Eye Clinic Medic-Jukic
- Maja Živkovič, Serbia, Eye clinic Clinical center Nis, Medical Faculty University of Nis
- Klemen Dovč, Slovenia, University Children’s Hospital
- Judith Pichler, Austria, Department of Paediatric Nephrology and Gastroenterology, University Clinics of Vienna
- Mladena Lalić-Popović, Serbia, Faculty of Medicine; Novi Sad
- Iva Mucalo, Croatia, Faculty of Pharmacy and Bicohemistry, University of Zagreb
Pulmonology (with Allergology):
- Balázs Antus, Hungary, National Koranyi Institute of TB and Pulmonology, Budapest
- Marina Labor, Croatia, University Hospital Centre Osijek
- Jaka Ostrovršnik, Slovenia, Ljubljana University Medical Centre
- Ivan Padjen, Croatia, University Hospital Centre Zagreb
Congratulations to all the finalists!
The winners will be announced at the Medis Awards Ceremony on 30 November 2017 in Madlenianum Opera & Theatre house in Zemun, Belgrade. We are looking forward to honouring the best medical achievements of the year.