Please read all these instructions carefully before submitting your application and preparing your abstract. Before you start filling out the on-line application form, prepare the following documents:
- Confirmation of the accepted material
- Proof of IF (not obligatory)
You will have to upload these files in Step 3 of the on-line application. The maximum allowed size of all files together is 32 MB.
- Application and abstracts can only be submitted via the online application form.
- Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
- Applications should contain confirmation that the research work has or will have been accepted for publication or published in a scientific publication between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English (Word document, font: Arial 12, line spacing: 1.5). For standardization, the acceptable length of the abstract is not to be more than 2500 characters (with spaces).
- Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors. All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. No proofreading will be done.
- Only abstracts that contain original data can be submitted.
- Abstracts must contain data and meet international ethical standards.
Please note that accepted abstracts will be published in the Medis Awards Abstract Book.
2. Sections of the abstract
The submitted abstract should be divided into following sections:
- Background and objectives
- Materials and methods
3. Medical research fields and content
You have to select one of nine defined research fields for the contest: Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Intensive Care Medicine and Anesthesiology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Pulmonology and Allergology and Rheumatology.
4. Guidelines for preparation of the Medis Awards Curriculum Vitae
A CV should be submitted using the Medis Awards CV application form. Download a CV application form and then submit (upload) it containing all relevant data via the online application form.
The consent of first or leading author must be obtained by the applicant and confirmed on the online application form. In the Medis Awards CV application form you should also include the names and institutions and agreements of all co-authors.
It is the intent of Medis to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that are free from commercial influence or bias. Thus, the author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during the abstract submission.