The International Medis Awards for Medical Research is an annual international contest for medical doctors and pharmacists who have presented or published clinical research in a specific medical field in a highly ranked scientific publication and are daily actively involved in clinical practice in institutions throughout the region.
Please read all these instructions carefully before submitting your application. Before you start filling out the on-line application form, prepare the following documents:
- Confirmation of the accepted material
- The consent of first or leading author (if you are not first or leading author of the article)
The maximum allowed size of all files together is 32 MB.
- Application and article can only be submitted via the online application form.
- Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
- Applications should contain confirmation that the research work has or will have been accepted for publication or published in a scientific publication between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019.
Medical research fields and content
You have to select one of nine defined research fields for the contest: Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Intensive Care Medicine and Anesthesiology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Pulmonology and Allergology or Rheumatology.
The consent of first or leading author must be obtained by the applicant and confirmed on the online application form. In the International Medis Awards application form you should also include the names and agreements of first or leading co-author.
It is the intent of Medis to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that are free from commercial influence or bias. Thus, the author of an article is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during the application submission.